Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

PLAYROOM REDO & ORGANIZATION

Today I want to share a room in our home that gets the most use~The Playroom!
The funny thing about this room is that it went from being the room we used the least to the room that our family uses the most. Originally our playroom looked like this
Yep...There was the formal dining room table we never sat at except that one Thanksgiving and minimal storage in this space which made is useless for our busy family.

This is the same view of the room today:

Since our family is not really in the formal dining stage of life we decided it worked best to turn this space into a playroom for the kids. Our home is only 1933 sqft. so there needed to be a lot of creative storage solutions going on in here.

This rug was the first piece I bought for the room you can find it here. It's 5x7 Nuloom Kinderloom Alphabet expressions. Check group deals sites frequently. I bought this from one (can't remember which one...sorry) and paid no where near retail ($200) savings!
I loved how the rug tied in my existing paint colors but still had that kid friendly feel. It's also functional and my daughter loves repeating the ABC's and pointing to the animals before bedtime. Gotta love mulltiFUNctional pieces! hehe
Our storage solutions:

Target cube organizer. I love that it fits perfectly behind our couch to hide some clutter. Bins by Martha Stewart can be found here. Not seeing the polka dot and stripe ones but they have many others.

My favorite storage is this Ikea piece which i picked up at a garage sale (thanks to my cousin ash) $50.00 for both a steal I know! Excuse the half painted wall behind the storage. I have plans for that...PROMISE it will be good!

Check garage sales peeps you never know what fun and functional organization pieces you can find!

Masterpiece wall~Just a curtain rod on sale from target and some drapery hooks. I love that I can change out the artwork. Masterpiece sign was just a scrap piece of wood I had laying around that I painted with brown craft paint. Vinyl made using silhouette. This was a quick nap time project. I love those!

Some of the kids favorites:

Circus tent

Imaginarium train table

The Sweet Shop/Farmers Market~The scalloped store fronts are made out of foam core boards and vinyl was used for the shop names. I love that they are very light and easy to hang. Pink retro kitchen we found here provides hours of play time. Both kids love cooking up yummy play food. I love that it keeps them busy with imaginative play.




There is still work to be done. I'm thinking airport cable with some curtains to seperate the two rooms. I will share the finishing details in another post soon. I will be doing another project in here as well. Think giving existing pieces another use:) Did I mention I love multiFUNctional pieces! This is a project my kids can't wait for me to complete. Any guesses?

Pin It
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Linking up to: CRAFTYSCRAPRYHAPPY Inspiration Gallery

I Heart Nap Time
Skip To My Lou Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes