Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Doggy Trike

Hi everyone!! When I give a gift I am all about personalizing it! So I wanted to share this neat inexpensive way to make a gift a little more personal!!

Just when I thought I was finished Christmas shopping for my goddaughter and nephews I did the unthinkable...... I went onto toysrus.com!!! Then I saw clearance items! OOOHHHH NOOOO! I knew I was done for =) So I was clicking away until I saw this really neat wooden dog trike by Imaginarium. I had to get it. It was almost 50% off and free shipping =)
I got this pic from toysrus.com  to show the before pic
I got it in the mail a couple of days later and set to work!! I did not put it together until I was finished with my  new additions!!( made it easier to work on)  I already had some of the supplies I needed to create my masterpiece so it did not cost to much. Here is a pic of the supplies I used....
I love my poka dot  glue gun!!

I already had the Gem-Tac and Jewel-It. Either one should work to hold the Jewels in place. For the nose I used  3mm faceted acrylic from Michaels craft store (use the Michaels app for coupons!) 130 pieces came in one pack and I used the next size larger for both ears. You could also use a larger or smaller size depending on the look you are going for. I applied a little bit of glue in a small portion of the nose/ear then applied the jewels and so on. 



Next I wanted the doggy to have a bow because my goddaughter loves bows and is a lil girlie girl. So I had gotten ribbon from Hobby Lobby and this was the perfect time to use it!!!! I tied a bow using two different pieces of ribbon and hot glued the two layers sporadically to help it stay in a bow. Then I hot glued  it to the wooden doggy. I applied glue to the middle knot as well as the bow parts and the straight pieces hanging to make sure the bow was secure.



Next I wanted to put her name on it! I couldn't stop! I wanted to go crazy blinging and personalizing everything on the dog! So I used a Cricut to cut vinyl letters of her name and stuck them on!

  

And that was it!!!! Her new little trike was ready to go!!!! Here is a picture of the finished product!!! 



I hope this encourages you to be creative with the gifts that you give!!! You can always add a little something to make it special!!  :)
 until next time ...xoxo... Kali 

I Heart Nap Time
Skip To My Lou Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes