Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Superhero Party

It's been a while since I've blogged but the good news is that I have so much to share. Lots of DIY
home improvement stuff going on, a few parties and of course taking orders for the new shop! I'm so excited that orders are already coming in and we still have over 2 months before our "Grand Opening."


Today I'm going to share my little guys 4th birthday party. He requested a superhero theme and I did my best to deliver. Being that his birthday is in February we are always concerned about the weather so we decided to skip the park and opt for an at home party! While I don't enjoy the mess afterward seeing the smile on his face is ALWAYS worth it! Of course it didn't rain on his birthday but we did have terrible winds which made it impossible to decorate! We managed to pull it together and I think he had a pretty amazing day! Here are some pics of the fun.

I loved the invites from LaurenHaddoxDesigns click here for link. Here is a picture of our invite. My son loved it! There are invites for every occasion so check it out for your next event! Super fast service too.



I bought all printables from VensPaperie on Etsy. They turned out amazing! Click here to get some for your next party: VensPaperie

The AMAZING poster printable of my little guy as a superhero was designed by Anders Ruff. If you haven't already checked out their blog/shop do so right away! I give you permission:) like now! They have AMAZING party ideas and decor available for purchase. You can spend hours on there browsing parties. Well at least I can:) hehe


Our Cake was made by a local cake designer here is her facebook page. She is absolutely amazing and exceeds my expectations every time.



For centerpieces I reused an old menu from another party. I added paper and small bubble clouds that came with the printable party pack and a picture of my son to each one. Simple.Easy.Done! Love it
On each table I had markers, crayons and glitter glue for the kids to design their own superhero mask. Mask pictured above I bought at Michaels in packs of 6.





DIY Photo booth: I used felt leftover from another project as well as batting I took out of last years Halloween costumes to make clouds. Loved the funny pics that we took at the party. A photo book of his party is currently in the works and I know he will laugh when he looks back on the photo booth fun!
Capes are from Targets party section $2.00. I bought enough for each kid as well as these printable superhero emblems from Anders Ruff to adhere to each cape.



My new favorite shop for all the little details is Shop Sweet Lulu. The pretty packaging seals the deal for me. I will be back for party supplies very very soon!





Here are a few picks of the party prep. Just wanted to show how the printable really made the party! 










It turns out that our Aunts Maureen & Barbara know spiderman! So they were nice enough to hire him and his sidekick to do magic, face painting and balloons for the kids:) I could be wrong but I think he had fun! I'm pretty sure he said this is the BEST.DAY.EVER. a few times! I'm just glad he had a blast!

And here is the morning after. I have to tell you this was NOT.THE.BEST.DAY.EVER! 
Just keeping it real!
Till next time XOXO~JENN

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes