Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Personalized Valentines Day Mailboxes

Pin It


Today I'm sharing a cheap Valentines Day craft that can easily be completed in under an hour. I purchased two glass candle sticks from the dollar store and two tin mailboxes from the dollar section at Target. You can purchase vinyl for this project from Expressions Vinyl. Link at the top of the blog.
Here is the tutorial:
First paint your glass candle sticks with whatever color spray paint you choose. Mine was a metallic silver which ended up looking more like a grey. Just use what you have. It doesn't take much to cover these. I didn't bother sanding because I'm lazy like that. They ended up looking great and were dry in about 30 minutes. (It was a warm day and I had them in the sun). 
Next you can print your vinyl. I put my kids names on them and used a few different images from my Silhouette. The possibilities are endless. 
Once all the vinyl is done and applied use a strong glue (like E6000) to glue the mailbox to the candle stick. 
That's it! 
I'm planning on using these to put special treats in for my kids starting February 1st. Right now they are having fun mailing each other post it notes and hiding things in them:)
Keep Crafting!
XOXO~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes