Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Pie Pops


Pin It


Today I'm sharing these fun Valentines Day pie pops. I'm the February room mom for my sons class so I wanted to find a fun treat to take the kids to kick off the month. It had to be quick, cheap and easy for little hands. I have seen a few of these on Pinterest using homemade pie dough which I love but making dough from scratch is too time consuming for this busy mama. So here is my lazy moms pie pop recipe. You can do these in just about any shape. Here is my Valentine version.


Ingredients:
Refrigerated pie crust
Small heart cookie cutter (about 2")
14oz Pre made pie filling (this will make 12 pops) Mine was cherry flavor
Lollipop sticks (mine were from Michaels)
Cooking brush
Melted butter
Small cup of water

First take your pie crust and lay it out. Use your heart cookie cutter to cut out 24 hearts and set them aside.

Now fill up a small container with water. Set aside.

I set Parchment paper on my counter, taped it down and began assembly.

Take one heart and lay it flat on parchment paper. Place a dollop of pie filling onto pie dough. Be careful not to over fill these. Keep it at least 1/4 inch away from the edges. A little goes a long way. Trust me. Once you have your filling done place your lollipop stick in the middle leaving 1/4" at the top. It needs to be high so your little pie doesn't fall off.

Dip your finger in the water and run it along the edges of your bottom heart. Now take another heart and place it over the pie filing. Place another fork on top and press around the edges to help create a seal. Take a fork and crimp it all around the edges.

Once all your pies are sealed and crimped lightly brush melted butter on the tops.  Now use your fork and poke the middle of each pie to create a vent. Pop these cuties in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees. Enjoy!

XOXO~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes